Rapid Spike has introduced a ‘Connect Anything’ feature to its monitoring products which will allow customers to connect anything which can transmit a key and value either through a HTTP POST or GET.
The new feature has a variety of uses from enabling customers to monitor the core statistics on critical servers such as the available disk space, memory, and CPU utilization through to monitoring values of various sensors from an Arduino, Raspberry PI or other Internet of Things project.
The company gives use case examples such as being able to:
- Monitor the Hard Disk, CPU and Memory utilization of servers
- Ensure that a remote site has uninterrupted Internet connectivity
- Monitor the Ping response, download and upload speeds of an Internet connection
- Receive alerts if a critical file on one of your servers is altered
- Check the Temperature and Humidity of a server room/greenhouse/nursery/swimming pool hall
- Check a stock price and alert when it falls below a specified value
- Check the moisture level of the window box soil
- Ensure that a critical service is running on a server
The tool can be used for monitoring the existence of remote devices on either mobile sites or sites without a static IP address that otherwise could not be monitored with a traditional Uptime Monitoring service.