Tech North, the government-backed initiative charged with accelerating the growth of the digital business sector in the North of England, set out it’s agenda moving forward at an event in Leeds this week as part of their Northern roadshow.
The 5 priority areas to be addressed by Tech North moving forward will be:
- To raise the profile of the Northern Tech Sector and companies within it
- To create the central point of data on Northern tech
- To support the creation of a leading ecosystem for founders and entrepreneurs
- To reduce the skills and talent gap in digital and tech
- To ensure that Tech North and its initiatives are sustainable
The team also described the initiatives and programmes moving forward:
The Upskill Programme
This supports and helps accelerate the capacity of digital skills providers to help to close the skills gap.
This programme aims to get more women on conference stages and in the media, giving expert technology insight.
A competitive pitch competition to identify rising star companies in the Northern ecosystem
This programme helps early-stage founders learn everything they need to get their tech business off the ground.
Tech North are working towards a Northern Co-Fund and supporting Angel networks.